SSI Specialty Course
Navigate the seven seas with ease in the evening with the scuba diving and communication skills imparted by the SSI Night and Limited Visibility Specialty course. Get to witness as the nocturnal marine fauna come out to play. Earn the SSI Night Diving and Limited Visibility Specialty certificate post program completion.
Tioman island (or Pulau Tioman, as it is known locally) is one of Malaysia's most popular islands with all sorts of tropical marine life.
MV Nautica Tioman
Hop on board to Southern Riau and experience the carefree, leisure diving life on the MV Nautica liveaboard!
MV Nautica Anambas
Hop on board to Anambas Islands and experience the carefree, leisure diving life on the MV Nautica liveaboard!
Looking for more trips and different levels of adventures and challenges? Let us know, we can customize a trip for you!
Night and Limited Visibility Essentials
- All Course Materials
- Online Learning
- 2 Open Water Scuba Dives
- Instructor Fees
- Certification Fees
- Night vs. Limited Visibility Diving
- Special Equipment
- Preparing For The Dive
- The Dive
- Descent/Ascent Without a Line
- Descent/Ascent with a Line (optional)
- Lost Buddy Procedure
- Neutral Buoyancy (optional)
- Staying with a Buddy (optional)
- Advanced Techniques
- Controlled Descent
- Free Ascent
- Compass Heading
- Free Descent
- Free Time
Night And Limited Visibility Course Components
The SSI Night and limited Visibility Course consists of (1) Weekend Trip Session.
Night Diving and Limited Visibility provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably dive at night or in limited visibility conditions.
Minimum of 2 dives are required in order to to obtain certification.
The course trip will include everything from travel, accommodation, diving and food.
Departs every Friday Evening (around 6pm) and returns every Sunday Nights (Tioman Trip)
Day 1 (Friday)
- Meet at York Hill, 6.00pm
- Depart for Mersing Jetty via coach
- Rest stop
- Arrive at Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Tioman via ferry
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Arrive Tioman
- Check in Resort
- Breakfast & Briefing
- 1st Dive (Check out dive)
- Lunch on board
- 2nd & 3rd Dive (Deep Dive)
- Return to resort
- Night Dive
- Dinner at resort, Log dives & debrief
Day 3 (Sunday)
- 5th Dive (Dawn Dive)
- 6th Dive (Deep Dive)
- Lunch, Log dives & debrief
- Check out from resort & depart for Mersing Jetty via ferry
- Arrive Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Singapore via coach
- Arrive Singapore
Why Learn The Night And Limited Visibility Course
Diving at night is made possible by the SSI Night and Limited Visibility Specialty Course. This program imparts you with scuba diving skills and ideas needed to pilot the seven seas with ease at night or with limited visibility.
- Master the skills and techniques required to navigate into the night and at depths with limited visibility.
- Learn right light-handling and use of specialized equipment.
- Learn proper communicating skills with your dive buddy.
- Sight the nocturnal marine fauna.
- Receive SSI Night Diving and Limited Visibility Specialty certificate post program completion.
The fun doesn’t need to stop there! With just a little more training, you can go even further – imagine diving in underwater shipwrecks, with sharks, or becoming an underwater photographer! It's your chance to move to the next level in your diving adventures.