SSI Basic Course
World-renowned for combining personalized coaching and in-water practical sessions, the SSI Open Water Dive course helps you take your first step on your aquatic journey by gearing you up with essential scuba diving skills as you dive with ease. Upon course completion, you’ll be receiving the SSI Open Water Diver certification.
Starts at $599.00
Tioman Island (or Pulau Tioman, as it is known locally) is one of Malaysia's most popular islands, where the white sand beaches overhung by towering palm trees are lapped by clear, calm, and warm water teeming with all sorts of tropical marine life.
Pulau Hantu scuba diving will entice you with its sheltered beaches, ecstatic lagoons, and thrilling underwater.
It is also great for macro enthusiasts and photographers as it is teeming with colorful marine critters.
Tioman island (or Pulau Tioman, as it is known locally) is one of Malaysia's most popular islands with all sorts of tropical marine life.
Explore our local backyard! Dive sites appealing to both beginners and experienced divers, especially those with an interest in macro-life.
MV NAUTICA TIOMAN
Hop on board to Southern Riau and experience the carefree, leisure diving life on the MV Nautica liveaboard!
Looking to do your open water course somewhere else? Let us know, we can customize a trip for you!
Open Water Diver Course Essentials
- Be At Least 10 Years of Age or Older
- Able to Swim 200m
- Able to Float or Tread Water for 10 Mins Without Any Swimming Aids
- All Course Materials
- 1 Theory Session
- 1 Pool Session
- 4-5 Open Water Scuba Dives
- 3D2N Full Board Trip to Malaysia / Indonesia / onboard MV Nautica
- Equipment Rental for Pool and Trip (BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Weights and Tank)
- 2-way Land and Sea Transportation, Lodging and all Meals
- Instructor Fees
- Certification Fees
- Soft Gear Rental (Mask and Fins) - Check with us for the Equipment Purchase Promotion
- Dive Assure Insurance (Recommended)
- Air Fare (If Any)
- Marine Park Fee
- Batteries for Torch
- Gratitude for Boat Crew / Guide
Open Water Diver Course Components
Scuba Diving is amazing! It's like being in Space for an hour. Begin your journey with the SSI Open Water Diver Course and let it be the gateway to your underwater adventure! The SSI Open Water Diver Course consists of three segments: Academics, Pool Training and Open Water Sessions.
Theory Class - Academics
Our theory and knowledge component is broken into two parts:
- Online independent study via ADA Learning Platform
- Theory class
We have developed an online training platform so you can learn the theory portion at your own pace when it is convenient for you. You will be learning buoyancy and pressure concepts, equipment usage, hand signals and more via an interactive online system with videos and quizzes.
After which, there will be 1 theory session where an instructor will go through additional queries and actual application concepts to get you ready for your pool session.
1 Session: Tuesday 7pm – 10.30pm
Location: Deep Blue Scuba Shop, 74 South Bridge Road
WHY LEARN THE OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
The underwater world has many secrets and stories yet to tell. SSI Open Water Diver Course will gear you up with the necessary skills and diving experience as you navigate freely and safely through the seven seas!
- Learn the fundamentals of scuba diving interactively.
- Gather basic modus operandi and navigating skills in swimming through the open waters.
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of safe and precise diving.
- Gain control over open water dives up to 18 meters/60 feet of maximum depth.
- Interact with divers all across the globe.
Every Tuesday Classroom @ Gill Divers Shop, 37b Hongkong Street, Level 3
- 7:00pm - Learn Buoyancy & Pressure Concepts and more!
- 10:30pm - End of Theory Session 1 (3.5 Hrs)
Every Sunday Pool @ Outram Secondary School, 3 York Hill, Singapore 168622
- 9:00am - Learn Equipment Assembly and Familiarization, Breathing Underwater, Buoyancy Control and more!
- 4:00pm - End of Practical Session 1 (7 Hrs)
The fun doesn’t need to stop there! With just a little more training, you can go even further – imagine diving in underwater shipwrecks, with sharks, or becoming an underwater photographer! It's your chance to move to the next level in your diving adventures.